Saturday, May 21, 2011

Flight's Introduction and Progress

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for taking the time out to visit my website and/or my blog. Here is basically the lowdown on the film Flight and what will be happening in the future.

Flight is my senior thesis film about a lonely young girl who befriends an injured Raven and strives to nurse him back to health. This story was influenced by an actual event that occurred in my childhood. Where I am right now with the film is the majority of the rough animation is done. Thanks to Patrick Stannard and a few other fellow CCS students, I was able to get 80% of it done by last Christmas (only having had one other animation class under my belt.) Ben Cloutier, my friend and sidekick, is responsible for the backgrounds. Since I plan on giving the movie a more finished look, we'll end up backtracking and editing what we have for backgrounds thus far.

After December graduation, I took a few months off and did some fan art illustration for fun. Now that summer is around the corner, I'm ready to get back to work. Some shots still need to be animated and, due to the slow pacing of the film, I have to return to some old shots and reanimate them as well. Also, there is tie-down and cleanup still left. For this to happen (only having 3 low paying jobs) I will eventually be setting up a fundraiser on Kickstarter to raise money so I can get Flight done. It's too important to me to sit in boxes under my bed and waste away.

Here is the original animatic of the film. Some changes have been made since then to pick up the pacing. The burial of the bird was planned to be cut out, but after much consideration, I've decided to put it back in the credits.



Sometime next month, I'll be certain to post an updated lyke-a-reel for everyone to see and hopefully have the fundraiser started.

Anywho, wish me luck and I'll make certain to keep posting updates here.

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment